Business Development Manager
The main purpose of this role is to generate new business/revenue streams for Palletforce member DNA
Main Responsibilities and duties:
- Generate new sales leads and revenue for DNA and Palletforce
- Achieve set targets in order to determine and accomplish DNA/Palletforce target requirements.
- Complete on time and to schedule, as required, all relevant reporting procedures to both DNA and Palletforce.
- Participate in the organisation of corporate events in conjunction with the relevant people.
- Liaise, as necessary, with other Palletforce member depots and Departmental Managers, in order to determine and support the delivery of customer requirements.
- Work within the framework of DNA and Palletforce company procedures.
- Promote the establishment and development of the DNA and Palletforce brand image.
- Be proactive in generating and reporting all relevant market intelligence.
- Track sales leads generated, follow-up as appropriate, and update relevant databases for both DNA and Palletforce.
- Represent the company at trade fairs and keep abreast of developments within the market sector.
- Deliver sales and marketing presentations to clients, as necessary.
- To be familiar with, and have an understanding of, the company’s Health, Safety and Enviromental policies.
- To carry out all your duties and responsibilities with reasonable care for your own health and safety, and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
- To co-operate fully with DNA/Palletforce in matters of Health and Safety.
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested by the Sales and Marketing Director.
This position will require travelling throughout the UK so the job holder must be flexible with hours of work and be prepared to work away from home from time to time. It is important that the job holder presents themselves in a polite and professional manner when dealing with both Palletforce member deports and other members of staff.