Health & Safety Consultant
A rare opportunity has arisen within the business for a Health & Safety Consultant to work with some of our leading clients. The role is based primarily on client sites with access to full support from the business.
As the Health & Safety Consultant will be able to work independently focusing on projects based predominantly in Staffordshire, but have clients throughout the UK with the possibility of working overseas. Experience in the Engineering Sector would be advantageous as would demonstrable experience of working on complex projects with an ability to strategically advise on issues to ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislations.
Our service delivery includes writing procedures, assisting in carrying out site inspections and audits, writing up progress reports and engaging directly with the client. You will be required to attend additional meetings, escalating issues when they arise.
Your knowledge and skills will contribute to the growth and success of our developing and growing Health and Safety team to help deliver robust solutions to meet our clients’ health and safety objectives and aspirations.
- Technical or Graduate membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH or GradIOSH) or equivalent
- Ability to conduct safety audits and have experience of OHSAS 18001 (ISO45001)
- Possess specific experience in the engineering and manufacturing Sector
- Strong understanding of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 (Internal Auditor desireable)
- Ability to strategically advise and guide all personnel with the implementation of current Health and Safety legislations
- Appropriate experience of the processes and principles of risk reduction
- Have strong relationship management skills and can consistently offer an excellent standard of customer care
- Have a recognised teaching/training qualification for First Aid and Fire training courses
- Ability to carry out and create Fire risk assessments is desirable
- Hold strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package with the chance to progress both professionally and within the company.
Please reply with a covering letter, CV and salary expectations.