HR Services Officer / Advisor
Strategi Solutions Group Ltd is a business consultancy that provides a HR Services, Health & Safety, PR & Marketing, Learning & Development and Design offering to businesses throughout the UK. Significant growth and success in delivering excellent programmes has led to the requirement to expand the HR Services team further.
Based in Burton, we have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Services Officer / Advisor to proactively manage the day to day running of the HR office at one of our prestigious clients within the logistics sector.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of developing and implementing people policies that are both impactful and successful.
This is a great opportunity for someone to develop their HR skills and strategic experience as part of a forward-thinking HR Consultancy.
Reporting to the Head of HR Services, the role will primarily consist of:
- Acting as the point of contact for all HR related queries. This will be via phone, email and face to face
- Having excellent and in-depth knowledge of employment law, including TUPE
- Management of HR documentation, from offer letters, contracts and all contractual changes through the employee life cycle, with support from the Administration team
- Supporting the HR Services team on HR related policies, procedures and legislation, ensuring that a streamlined, companywide approach is used
- Working with line managers in managing day to day employee relations matters such as sickness and absence management, flexible working, maternity and paternity queries, as well as offering advice on grievances and disciplinaries through to dismissal level
- Ensuring employee wellbeing is at the forefront of everything that we do. This will involve liaising with Occupational Health and Health & Safety providers
- Accurately maintain the HR system (People HR) to support the production of reports for the Board as required
- Liaising with the Finance department, providing accurate and timely notification of starters, leaver and contractual changes for payroll purposes
- Supporting the recruitment activities within the business, including planning and delivery of onboarding and induction programmes for new hires
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Actively promoting the people agenda through culture programmes, communications and activities
- Supporting the business with people management projects and programmes including talent management, learning & development and performance management
- There will be a limited amount of UK travel and the role will support the wider HR Services team as required
Candidates must hold or be studying for the CIPD qualification, ideally level 5/7 and have demonstrable experience in a fast-paced, multi-site environment, ideally in the transport / logistics sector.
No agencies please